|When:||Back to Calendar » June 16, 2012 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Where:||Zion Lutheran Church
111 Midland Ave
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
Zion Lutheran Church, located at 111 Midland Avenue, Garfield, N.J. is planning a Health Fair for the Garfield community. The event is scheduled to be held, rain or shine, on Saturday, June 16th from 12 pm to 4 pm on the church grounds. Healthy lifestyle and disease prevention will be the focus of the fair. Healthy snacks will be provided along with recipes by Mike and Sarah Zadoroznyj.
The Garfield YMCA will have exercise classes to sample. Lisa Grohsman, Family Nurse Practitioner, will provide limited exams and discuss medication management. Barbara Lucas, R.N., B.S.N. will conduct blood pressure screenings and cardiac education. Leah Ann Spinelli will be available to discuss how to obtain low cost or free medications from pharmaceutical companies. Rev. Janet Blair, Vice-Pastor of Zion Lutheran Church, will offer perspectives on Spiritual Health. Literature regarding mental health, juvenile diabetes and cancer will be available. All ages are welcome.
Learn how to prevent problems and deal with existing ones. Local groups and businesses interested in participating in this event can contact Lisa Grohsman at 973-546-7396 or email@example.com for more information.
- Saturday, May 25, 2013 [Psalm 8 (NRSV)]Your majesty is praised above the heavens O Lord, our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. Out of the mouths of babes and infants you have founded a bulwark because of your foes, to silence the enemy and the avenger. When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars that […]
- New Gbaya Bible editions bring joy July 24, 2012Anne and Willie Langdji are ELCA missionaries in Cameroon. They serve in the areas of health ministries and sustainable development and are also Western Africa regional representatives. To support them, or another of the ELCA’s 225 missionaries, go to www.elca.org/missionarysponsorship. There are around 250 languages spoken in Cameroon. Since their arrival i […]
- Palestinian and US Youth team up at the Wall at the 2012 ELCA Youth Gathering July 24, 2012[…]
- Participants at the ELCA Youth Gathering saw walls in Palestine/Israel, respond with letters to congress July 23, 2012Youth at the ELCA Youth Gathering were guided through a section called The Wall, with exhibits from places in the world where there are actual or metaphorical walls between people. There were examples of how God is helping to tear down the walls between people. The Palestinian exhibit had 12-foot walls, information, maps, […]
- The green zone July 21, 2012The Rev. Paula M. Stecker, an ELCA missionary, works with the Lutheran World Federation Haiti office in communications and ecumenical relationships. To support Paula, or another of the ELCA’s nearly 225 missionaries, go to www.elca.org/missionarysponsorship. We are in the midst of “The Month of the Environment” here in Haiti. The minister of the environment […]
- ELCA Presiding Bishop Mark Hanson comments on the Palestinian Wall at the ELCA Youth Gathering July 21, 2012ELCA Presiding Bishop Mark S. Hanson toured The Wall section of the ELCA Youth Gathering, and responded about the Palestine section. See more comments on The Wall section here. See more videos and images of the Gathering here. […]
- Why church-affiliated Boy Scouts should be first to welcome gay members May 24, 2013The Boy Scouts voted today to drop their long-standing prohibition on gay members (gay... […]
- Glowing trees and the divine wisdom of species barriers May 23, 2013Turn into almost any suburban street after dark and streetlights cast globs of light... […]
- Will we ever stop labeling bands Christian? May 22, 2013Did you know that the members of U2 are Christians and that they frequently explore... […]
- What pastors really think about science and human origins May 20, 2013What do today’s pastors think about science? What views do they hold on creation and... […]
- Star Trek’s elusive utopia May 18, 2013There really shouldn’t be this much strife in the Star Trek universe. From the early... […]