111 Midland Ave
Garfield, NJ 07026
Zion Lutheran Church, located at 111 Midland Avenue, Garfield, N.J. is planning a Health Fair for the Garfield community. The event is scheduled to be held, rain or shine, on Saturday, June 16th from 12 pm to 4 pm on the church grounds. Healthy lifestyle and disease prevention will be the focus of the fair. Healthy snacks will be provided along with recipes by Mike and Sarah Zadoroznyj.
The Garfield YMCA will have exercise classes to sample. Lisa Grohsman, Family Nurse Practitioner, will provide limited exams and discuss medication management. Barbara Lucas, R.N., B.S.N. will conduct blood pressure screenings and cardiac education. Leah Ann Spinelli will be available to discuss how to obtain low cost or free medications from pharmaceutical companies. Rev. Janet Blair, Vice-Pastor of Zion Lutheran Church, will offer perspectives on Spiritual Health. Literature regarding mental health, juvenile diabetes and cancer will be available. All ages are welcome.
Learn how to prevent problems and deal with existing ones. Local groups and businesses interested in participating in this event can contact Lisa Grohsman at 973-546-7396 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Jim Wallis on welcoming the stranger March 24, 2015Editor’s note: This is the sixth and final installment in A More Welcoming Way, a
- Monica Lewinsky on the price of shame March 23, 2015In her well-received TED talk last week, Monica Lewinsky reminded her audience that many
- Beer, bread, chocolate - and Jesus? March 23, 2015I apologize in advance to those of you who don't live within driving distance of
- Getting back to basics with the new Cinderella March 20, 2015Sometimes it seems that even Disney movies have given up on moral instruction. Take last
- Sufjan Stevens’ Carrie & Lowell: sorrow in the shadow of the cross March 18, 2015Sufjan Stevens has so thoroughly inhabited his own creative space over the last 15 years